UPDATE: Drove My Chevy to the Levy But The Dealer Left Me Dry

An investigation into the Bill Heard used car dealership reveals a history of complaints over customer intimidation and harassment.

One woman went back to get a typo fixed up on her title, the salesman demanded she return the car because its former owner’s financing had fallen through. She laughed. Several of the salesmen then surrounded her car and another used a truck to prevent her from leaving.

“There was no way to get out. They surrounded my car with seven people and stood in my doorframe. Couldn’t start the car. Couldn’t shut the door in 97-degree weather,” Elizabeth Wilson told NewsChannel5.

She finally resorted to calling the police to help her and her car leave.

Many lawsuits have been filed against the dealership, but not as many as there could be. Bill Heard has all its customers sign an arbitration agreement upon car purchase. These are not necessary to buy a car.

Previously: Drove My Chevy to the Levy But The Dealer Left Me Dry

(Thanks to Lesley!)

Comments

1. Falconfire says:

The plot thickens. Jesus how have these guys made it this long with tatics like this.

2. creamsissle says:

Looks like Bill Heard may be destined to crumble right behind AOL…

3. Ben Popken says:

Adam writes:

“It didn’t surprise me at all to see a storylike this posted here. This dealership has had a bad reputation in this town (Nashville) for a while now. They tried to screw a friend of mine a while back. He bought a car there, drove it home, and was contacted a couple days later by a “finance manager” who told him that the APR he had been given (and agreed to) was going to be raised, due to some unspecified “issue with the paperwork.” Upon returning to the dealership, ready to give the car back and tell them where to shove it, he was told that they had already sold his trade in. They hadn’t. It was sitting on the lot about 25 yards away. Only after threatening everyone in sight (he’s a 6’2″ Marine) was he given his trade back. As we say down here, I think it’s safe to say that Bill Heard would “fuck a snake.”

4. Anyone requiring an arbitration agreement is highly suspect.

5. GenXCub says:

I’m glad I’ve read this here. I’m looking at a new car, and we have Bill Heard’s here in Vegas. I never considered going there anyway, but it’s good to know not to go. Until this article, I hadn’t heard anything bad about them.

6. TechnoDestructo says:

And GM is too desperate for any sale that they won’t punish the guy…