Insects Love Apples

Whilst browsing the Apple forum, looking to find a solution for why my MagSafe connector wouldn’t actually charge my MacBook Pro anymore (solution? “Buy a new one!” Thanks, Apple chuckleheads.) I came across this remarkable cry for fumigatory technical support and the accompanying video illustrating his problem: insects living inside his monitor.

The puns are just too easy here; the subject too prone and supine. To indulge would be cheap and degrading, like date rape. So insert your own ‘Buggy Monitor’ joke here.

Animals IN my screen. HELP!! [Apple Support Forums]

Comments

1. sp3nc3 says:

Dude! That’s like having an Apple full of bugs! Get it?! It’s an Apple computer, and there are bugs in it! Kinda like bugs in a real apple! Far out!

2. Falconfire says:

Not unheard of at all. More than once I have found ant colonies living inside iMacs and PC boxes in our district.

They love the warmth that comes from the area, as well as the enclosed space. Its a little known fact that the first computer “bug” was infact a real bug, a spider who caused a short circut back in the days of tubes.

3. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

Actually I believe the first computer bug was a moth not a spider. Sorry for being that guy ;)

4. Ben Popken says:

Edward writes:

“I’m hoping someone has already told you this, but try resetting the PMU. Also, the magnetic pins sometimes don’t pop out enough to make proper contact (I think this is a known fault for Apple at this point, and they have replaced others’ PMU that have been faulty). Have a look at
    around April and later for info and advice.”

5. julian says:

If you’re having problems with your Magsafe adapter, try this article, and if it’s of no use, pop to an Apple store (with the serial number of your computer) and get a (free) replacement.

6. julian says:

Might have been a bit more useful if I actually pasted the link ;)