Daily Show Explains Net Neutrality

“The point is that with net neutrality all internet packets – whether they come from a big company or a single citizen – are treated in the exact same way.”

“So what’s the debate? That actually seems quite fair.”

“Yes, almost too fair. It’s as if the richer companies get no advantage at all.”

An excellent skewering of Net Neutrality by John Hodgson Hodgman and The Daily Show. We wanted to pull this man’s spinal column out of his urethra when he did those smug, execrable Mac vs. PC ads, but he’s redeemed himself in our eyes now.

Previously: Daily Show Ties Ted Stevens’ Tubes

Comments

1. Harlan says:

Hodgman, not “Hodgson”! Or, better yet, Hodge-man…

2. misskaz says:

Smug? Are you kidding? The whole problem with the Mac vs PC ads has been that Hodgman comes across as bumbling and sympathetic while the other guy looks like the smug jerk.

I take it The Consumerist hasn’t read The Areas of My Expertise by Hodgman.

3. drsmith says:

Hodgeman is probably the best comedian on the daily show except for Jon Stewart himself. You can’t blame him for the ad – he was probably just reading the script and getting a paycheck.

This was probably the best thing I’ve seen on the Daily Show since indecision 2004.

4. TedSez says:

Of course, the funniest part of this was how Stewart kept asking him what kind of computer he would be.

5. HawkWolf says:

I think the complaint is that hodgman agreed to do the smug, excrable (is that a word?) Mac vs PC ads, not that he is a smug and excrable person in the ads. Clearly, that’s reserved for the cock-smoking mac. *grumbles at having seen that term used to describe people in a different consumerist post.*

I don’t really like John Stewart, but I can’t argue with skewering. Skewering is good. I’m going to go skewer something right now. Stewart and Cobert are the masters of cringe-worthy satiric skewering on TV.

6. medalian1 says:

dang video is gone … stupid youtube