Comcast Censors Critical Nightline Story

The Sleepy Comcast Technician featured prominently in Nightline’s story last Friday, but you wouldn’t know that if you were watching with Comcast’s tv-over-inernet service. Watch this screen snag:

MAYBREY: And what about that Comcast video?
VINCERT: (sigh) That Comcast video… was a classic…
–abrupt cut—
BASHIR: That first crossed our attention when a million dollar Ferrari…

Compare this to the original.

See, Comcast was so sure the adamant the incident would never happen again that they didn’t want anyone to know it happenned in the first place. How contrite can they truly feel if they can’t admit their faults to their own subscribers?

Don’t bother trying to delete it from YouTube, we’ve got a hard copy.

Previously: Comcast Censored Nightline. Help Us Nail ‘Em.

(Ultra thanks to The Compulsive Shouter for the clip!)

UPDATE: Comcast and ABC say they have a reasonable explanation.

Comments

1. Vinny says:

What censorship? They went from one Ferrari to another ;-)

2. GrnGyant says:

I find it funny that they go from interviewing one Gawker blogger, to a favorite story from other gawker blog (Gizmondo president Stefan Eriksson).

Is there a nightline connection Gawker Media is trying to coverup? Inquiring minds want to know.

3. Ben Popken says:

Paul writes:

“I suppose we’re still supposed to believe that laws governing Net Neutrality are still bad and the big telephone and cable companies won’t interfere with our access to all Internet content. Comcast is probably right now telling Sen. Stevens that the tube was filled up and that’s why that part of the video was missing. If they were able to create multiple tiers, the tube wouldn’t have been filled, and people would have been able to see the whole video. Bastards!”

4. Red. Handed.

I know you guys are scaring the hell out of potential advertisers, but for my money Consumerist is fast becoming a Gawker crown jewel.

5. RandomHookup says:

Danilo– That’s why they don’t have many ads anymore, just those scary Gawker Artists tiles.

6. ModerateSnark says:

Re: Danillo, Random

Wanted: Good, honest company to sponsor website which goes after the other kind of company. Must be willing to admit mistakes when they do occur, and defend oneself openly in the unlikely event of being unjustly accused of misdeeds.

7. ModerateSnark says:

Sorry about the double L — I meant Danilo.

8. bambino says:

I agree with Danilo as well, I used to visit other gawker sites all the time but I now find most of my time dedicated to the Consumerist. Like, please-don’t-leave-me-Consumerist-or-I’ll-blow-up-my-New-York-City-townhouse dedicated.

9. markweeble says:

That is how my wife and I found this website. We were up late having a
    few drinks and we could not believe it. We only caught the Aol and
    missed most of comcast. Then we decided to take the big gamble to let
    people know our story. This is helping us and yes please don’t go
    away.. Between myself and my wife we are on here alot. I will check the
    site when I am at my desk at work.