iPod Headbanger Rides the Lightning

Listening to Metallica while listening to his iPod, Jason Bunch was struck by lightning. The bolt of Zeus’ fire then conducted up the iPod earbuds and caused his sideburns to catch fire. His melted sneakers were found twenty feet away by concerned neighbors.

Jason and his mother believe that the iPod is some sort of magical lightning capturing device, drawing jagged streaks of electrical energy down from the heavens.

Unfortunately, that’s not actually the way science works, but personally, we prefer to believe that the iPod is a sort of Beebelbroxian infinite implausibility generator, capable of spontaneously generating implausible cataclysms depending on the track playing. Jason was struck by lightning while listening to ‘Ride the Lightning’… if he’d been listening to ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’, perhaps a wormhole would have opened above his head and dropped the Liberty Bell on him.

Lightning zeros in on teenager’s tunes [Denver Post] (via The Giz!)

Comments

1. thesilentnight says:

Hey now, that was my comment on Gizmodo. Still, if he was listening to Ride the Lightning when this happened I stick by my story that that would have been well, fucking awesome.

2. chipclip says:

You sass that hoopy Consumerist? They really know where their towels are!

3. mark duffy says:

you guys are such nerds.

The Giz? can I call you The Con?

4. RandomHookup says:

Now will he finally turn the damn thing down so the rest of us don’t have to listen to his crappy music choices?

5. Ishmael says:

So how long until Metallica/the RIAA come along and sue him for having their music illegally on his iPod?

6. Chicks dig scars. Fucking guy will probably have a vlog deal with Carson Daly by next week. And now, with this week’s New Music ‘Flash’…

7. Funny, I was going to send in this as a tip, but didn’t think it was Consumerist material.

8. Clare says:

I can’t believe I’m going to be the first to mention that this guy’s face is going to give me nightmares.

(Sidebar: …And Justice for All is better than Ride The Lightning.)