Head On!

We saw this on TV and wanted to snag it. Then we stopped watching TV. Luckily, someone else had the frame of mind to video tape this bizarre commercial for a headache relief stick that you, well, apply directly to forehead.

Buy some here. Buy some here. Buy some here. Buy some here.

It’s almost as good as this inane Pennysaver commercial that enthralls the listener through hypnotism.

powered by ODEO

The power of repetition. We’re filled with an uncontrollable urge to go find some pennies right now.

[The Byrd House Review] (Thanks to Karl Hungus!)

Comments

1. The Unicorn says:

“It’s safe! And it really works!” ohhhh…that phrase cracked me up enough times that I actually bought some Head-On. Disappointingly, it’s actually just like mild Vick’s Vapo-Rup, but it does sort of help headaches.

…You also have to wonder if earlier versions of the product had even less-enticing taglines: “It’s dangerous! And completely ineffective!”

2. mark duffy says:

copyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyrantercopyranter

3. robyns says:

If Head-On sort of helps and is like a mild Vapo-Rub, does that mean that rubbing Vapo-Rub on your forehead will really help a headache? I’m sort of tempted to try.

4. etinterrapax says:

I seriously thought my TV was broken the first time I saw that commercial. After that, I just wished it was.

5. Yozzie says:

You know what’s even better? When your local TV station screws up and puts this ad in the commercial server twice, back to back. It’s like a wormhole opening up into some alternate dimension of insanity.

6. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

Any marketing major will tell you that a commercial should mention the product name at least 3 times. Seems like the ad maker just got lazy here.

7. Ran Kailie says:

Reason #312 of why I don’t have cable or satellite anymore and don’t listen to the radio.

8. Ben Popken says:

Grant writes:

“I have tried head on, I fell for the marketing scheme.

I threw the tube away after 2 uses.

9. ModerateSnark says:

New toilet paper brand:

BUTT ON

Now make the repeating ad in your head. It’s fun.

10. There’s no statement of what the product does, because the FDA won’t let them make such statements. I think they used to include medical claims in their ads (it’s easy to find such claims still hanging around on sites that sell the stuff), and it’s the FDA’s intervention that’s resulted in the current surreal ads.

The product is actually supposed to be an extra-strength headache stopper, suitable for use by migraine sufferers. Regrettably, it’s utterly worthless.