A review of the week that was in consumerism, as determined by popularity contest.
• Myspace is a Loser, So We’re Resorting to Porn. We didn’t want it to come to this but they wouldn’t give us the info to delete our profile. Ergo, we made them fall on their own dildo.
• Dirt Cheap in Mississippi. A lovely photo gallery and essay on the joys of ultra discount salvage shopping, penned by the inimitable Kate Bingaman.
• Boston Macy’s Removes Gay Mannequins. The right-wing said they found the man boobs disgusting.
• Million Dollar Homepage Kid Tells DDos Blackmailers “Go Screw.” This kid should run for president.
• Yap Browser: The Worst Browser Ever. View the internet through a slaughterhouse sluice gate.
• Apple ‘Genius’ Messes Up Customer Refund. Guess that cult of design doesn’t extend to your retail backend, eh Jobs?