It seems like every day another laptop is stolen containing millions of people’s Social Security numbers and more–information that can be used to open up lines of credit in your name and destroy your credit rating.
More From Consumerist
- What Can An ID Thief Do With My Social Security Number?
- Hackers Steal Info For 4.5 Million Hospital Patients
- Senator Pushes For System To Notify Consumers ‘The Moment Access To Their Credit Is Requested’
- Comcast Sat By As ID Thieves Set Up Multiple Accounts, Ran Up Thousands In Charges
- California Tempts ID Thieves, Prints Full Social Security Numbers On Millions Of Mailed Documents