It seems like every day another laptop is stolen containing millions of people’s Social Security numbers and more–information that can be used to open up lines of credit in your name and destroy your credit rating.
More From Consumerist
- What Can An ID Thief Do With My Social Security Number?
- Man Uses LifeLock To Track Ex-Wife; Company Didn’t Care
- Senator Pushes For System To Notify Consumers ‘The Moment Access To Their Credit Is Requested’
- Cox Receives $595K Slap On Wrist For Failing To Prevent Data Breach
- California Tempts ID Thieves, Prints Full Social Security Numbers On Millions Of Mailed Documents