Here’s a note Minor Tweaks sent to Glad about their polymer-strung food containers called, for some reason, “open mouth sandwich bags.”

Dear Glad Sandwich Bags,

First of all, I want to tell you how much I enjoy Glad Sandwich Bags. The fold-over top seals in freshness and protects food from the elements. Pretty good!

Anyway. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes I put other stuff in my sandwich bags. Like, for instance, paper clips or spare change. I suspect others also find them useful for non-sandwich items. There’s no way I’m the only one!

Right?

all the best,
    Tom

Glad’s reply, after the jump…

Dear Mr. Bartlett,

Thank you for contacting us about Glad Open Mouth Storage Bags. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

Knowing that you like our product is important, and we value the generous comments you have shared with us. Because the marketing specialists working on the production and distribution of this product also will enjoy your comments, I am forwarding them on.

We’re confident that our product will continue to serve you well in the future. We’ll be sure to keep your name on file for future promotional activity in your area.

You will receive this by regular mail in approximately 7 to 10 business days.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Crystal Stevens
Consumer Response Representative
Consumer Services

Jacked from MinorTweaks.

Comments

1. Crissy in Honolulu says:

That’s pretty good. You gotta wonder whether they’re sincerely appreciative of the note or think the guy’s a nutcase. But it’s good!

When you send in compliments, you never know what you’ll get in return. I wrote a positive comment to the Gardenburger people once (via their website), and they sent me a coupon. It’s too bad Glad didn’t do the same for Tom!

2. Spr1dle says:

Is that the same guy who requested free samples from all those different companies a couple months back?

3. Paul D says:

I sent a (positive) comment card to Fazoli’s (a local fast food Italian place) once and got a “thank you” and a coupon for a free dessert.

4. RandomHookup says:

What’s with the “you will receive this…” comment? Sure sounds like they are sending him something or is it just them being psychic?

5. SeekBalance says:

They’re probably going to send him a paper copy of the email they just sent him.

6. Crissy in Honolulu says:

RandomHookup: I took it to mean that they’ll be sending him a hard copy of their response. Otherwise, it just doesn’t make sense!

7. RandomHookup says:

Still, why would they waste money sending him a hard copy of an email? Couldn’t they just fax it to him?

8. buck09 says:

My brother works for an electronics retailer. One day, a vendor rep from one of those companies who makes cheap TV stands came in and wanted feedback on their products. He was handing out gift cards based on how valuable he deemed their comments.

Most of the people participating got $25 or $50 gift cards – they all praised the good features of the furniture.

The first words out of my brother’s mouth were: “I’ve assembled about 2 dozen of these and they totally suck – here’s how to make them better.” He went on to show them all the different ways their product sucked. At the end, the rep told him that he had given the best feedback in weeks and handed over a $500 gift card.

I guess $500 is a drop in the bucket for them, but it goes to show you how appreciative some companies can be if you tell them HOW to fix their problems, rather than empty complaint / praise.

9. homerjay says:

” We’ll be sure to keep your name on file for future promotional activity in your area.”

TRANSLATION:
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback. In return we’d love to reward you with tons of unsolicited emails and junk mail. Thanks again!

10. Crissy in Honolulu says:

buck09: I wish that were the case for most companies, but it is probably only so for, as you noted, some. Most big companies will toss your suggestions in File 13, unless you luck out and get a customer service rep who cares about the company.