Hasbro Release Play-Doh Perfume

If you’ve ever wished someone would capture your squandered youth, distill it of the nasty bits inside the whipping booth and standing in the schoolyard with your pants down, put in in a bottle and sell it you… have cheer. Hasbro is now selling eau du Play-Doh.

According to the press release pointed to by Adfreak, the limited edition fragrance, released “just in time for Mother’s Day,” is intended for “highly-creative people, who seek a whimsical scent reminiscent of their childhood.”

1oz is $19 and 4oz is $39.50 over at the Demeter Fragrance Library.

There’s probably some funny date scenarios to envision but we’re drawing blanks. Maybe we’re just not highly-creative enough or we haven’t huffed enough wallpaper cleaner – what they were trying to invent when they stumbled across the iconic children’s toy – lately.

Comments

1. The Unicorn says:

All conceivable “funny date scenarios” dovetail to one phrase: “Um…this is weird but you kind of smell like Play-Doh.”

2. any such name says:

unfortunately, i bought a bottle of demeter’s cucumber-scented perfume back in college and i’ve gotta say, the scent never stuck around. so i guess this would be ok if you wanted to smell like play-doh for about 3 minutes and then forget about it.

3. etinterrapax says:

Awesome! Now bring it out in Crayola crayon!

4. trixare4kids says:

Scents that take me back to childhood include:
    1) Elmers White Glue
    2) Peanut Butter
    3) Hot stew served with freshly baked bread served with slices of cheese and tart green apples
    4) The smell of the night blooming jasmine plant that was right outside our front door. (Nasty!)
    5) Dog
    6) Soft boiled eggs with butter
    7) White Shoulders perfume (Grandma’s scent)

I would not actually want my body to smell like any of them.

5. Bubba Barney says:

One word: ick. We all know PlayDoh is to be eaten, not worn.

6. Bubba Barney says:

They also have ‘Gin and Tonic’ as a fragrance. ‘No really officer! It’s my cologne. I haven’t been drinking I swear!’

7. Smoking Pope says:

Or you could… you know… buy some Play-Doh.

8. chocotanya says:

Demeter advertises their “flat rate shipping” to Canada, and I would have had to pay nearly $50 (due to UPS fees) instead of the advertised $12.99. I called and emailed but wasn’t given any assistance until I twittered them. :(