Cheryl & Co Delivers Cookies Late, to Customer’s Delight

Another happy customer service story, the woodland sprites must’ve really fellated our sphincter this morning.

In perusal of the positive stories, one emerging trend is that many are about smaller companies. Not groundbreaking deduction: a smaller company, with fewer resources stretched out further may be more likely to make a mistake but when they do, they go to great lengths to rectify it.

Now, we know the nationally distributing Cheryl&Co is no bake sale stand but if they were annihilated by death lasers shooting from our nipples (encounters with faeries can have unintended consequences), the destabilization to the USA economy would be sizably less than if we titty-fried the Verizon world headquarters.

Free cookies, after the jump…

Kelly writes:

“So I decided to order cookies from Cheryl & Co. for my boyfriend’s birthday (fabulous cookies by the way). But of course I waited until the last minute to place the order – 2 days before his birthday to be exact.

The CSR was very helpful and guided me through the “ready to ship” items and assured they would arrive at his office on his birthday. I said that I would pay for overnight shipping, but he said there was no need, we were in the same “zone” so the cookies would arrive on time. Well guess what…they didn’t.

I called Cheryl & Co. the day after his birthday just to track the package. It was out for delivery that day – it actually didn’t ship until one day after I placed the order. I made an offhand comment about my disappointment that it didn’t arrive on time, but I did acknowledge I should have placed the order earlier or insisted on the overnight shipping. The CSR apologized profusely and I said “That’s okay…it’s not really you’re fault.” (I tend to be a little wimpy with customer service issues).

Well lo and behold, a week later I received a package in the mail with a letter from Cheryl herself and a $30 gift certificate to be used for a future purchase. This was totally unanticipated and went WAY beyond any expectation I had. Cheryl & Co. now has a customer for life…and I will tell everyone I know about one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever had.

-Kelly”

Comments

1. RandomHookup says:

The rim job have you so excited you’ve started to repeat yourself?

2. Ben Popken says:

Blame it on the imps.

3. airship says:

Ben, I really, really think that when you’re writing a story about a nice, sweet lady and her excellent customer service, you should lay off the analingus and nipple references. Please save those for the Halliburton and Wal-Mart stories, where they are more appropriate.

4. mark duffy says:

Cheryl. have we had sex?

5. Ben Popken says:

Airship, we like juxtaposition. It’s kinky like a housing project.

6. Amy Alkon says:

More analingus and nipple references, please, in all stories.

7. matto says:

I eagerly searched the site for the afforementioned cookie flavors, to no avail.

Ben, do you have a direct URL? Especially for the nipple cookies, actually.

8. etinterrapax says:

Analingus and nipple references are less creepy than the photo of the company CEO that accompanies the story. Is she selling cookies or collecting souls?

9. Jesse says:

Mostly I find the sphincter reference offensive because of its inaccuracy. You can’t fellate a sphincter.

10. Ben Popken says:

Jesse, obviously you’ve never worked in publishing.

11. The Comedian says:

I find something that looks good in the website catalog, but after choosing it I’m met with this message:

“Unfortunately, due to the popularity of this gift, it is no longer available.”

Sold out?! Of baked goods?

Umm, why don’t you bake more of them, then?

How very small British shopkeeper of Cheryl and her cronies.

Reminds me of a conversation my father had many late Sunday mornings with the perpetual trainees of Dunkin Donuts:

Father: … and three chocolate glazed.

Trainee: Umm, we’re out of chocolate glazed.

Father: Every week I come in here and every week you’re out of chocolate glazed. Why don’t you make more of them?

Trainee: We do make more, we just sell out every Sunday.

Father: Well why don’t you make even more of them then?

Trainee: We do, but we always sell out.

… (Lather, Rinse, Repeat)