Lost a Comments Login?

There’s been sporadic reports of reader’s comment logins not working, their accounts being deleted, etc etc. Undoubtedly, this is related to Gawker’s recent backend upgrade magic making everything fitter, better, happier and more productive.

If you or someone you love has lost their login due to Gawker Media’s tomfoolery and fiddle-faddle, email tips@consumerist.com and ask for a new comments invitation.

We’re sorry for the hassle. It’s lame.

Guess this is an opportunity to test out how good our customer service is, yes/no?

UPDATE: If you get a “comment error” while trying to post, try logging out and logging back in, as Fairytale of Los Angeles points out.

Comments

1. Scott says:

I can’t log in, and I can’t post comments.

2. RandomHookup says:

I just assume I have been blacklisted once again for one too many unkind, unfunny remark. Like this one.

3. Crssy in Honolulu says:

Consumerist’s customer service is beyond compare: quick, dirty and polite — just the way we like it! ;o)

4. GenXCub says:

Random, just use me as a benchmark. If they still allow ME to comment… you’re fine!

5. I can post comments here and lifehacker but not any of the other sites like GIzmodo or Gawker. Oh God did I just admit to you that I read all of those?

6. Fairytale of Los Angeles says:

I posted a comment earlier, went back to post another, got a “comment error” notice, logged out and logged back in, and the world was restored to order.

Of course, I also jumped the gun and asked Ben to issue me another invite before trying to log out and back in. Sorry, Ben! Everyone else who has better impulse control might try the logout/ login trick before complaining. :)

7. misskaz says:

My comments login died, and when I asked for my password to be emailed to me it said my email wasn’t in their database. But I found my old invite in my inbox and was able to re-register using that link. Something else worth trying for those of you that are having troubles.