Big Watch Mocked

This gaudy watch struck Copyranter ‘s eye. After he got the blood out, he wrote:

“I hate Watches. (I know, ‘what don’t you hate, asshole?’). Anyway, meet the Flower [trademark] (Yes, they trademarked the name. Hilarious). I stumbled across it in the overly obnoxious Hollywood Life magazine.

A call to Meyers’ toll-free number, and nice lady quoted me the price of $15,700.

Or, for about $15,699 less, you could eat a bag of skittles [a registered trademark], stick your finger down your throat, throw up on your wrist, stick your cheap Timex [a registered trademark] piece in the goo, and wait for the project to harden.”

Larger version here, just in case you needed to experience sclerosis of the retina.

Comments

1. airship says:

It beats the hell out of me why rich people always seem to want more money. It’s things like this that prove they don’t know how to spend it, anyway.

2. Anabelle says:

Egads, that thing is fugly. Plus.. wouldn’t all those protruding “petals” (gemstones obvs) snag on your clothes and scrape your skin?

This reminds me why I love my $19.99 Timex with its large dial and numerals, purchased five years ago at the supermarket and apparently indestructible. And cute! Yes it is!

3. AcidReign says:

…..You can’t beat a Timex for durability. I’ve got a 17 year old one on its fourth band, and I just can’t break or drown it.

4. Andrew W says:

Conspicuous consumption, man. It’s not enough to be rich anymore–you have to prove you’re so rich that you don’t even care about money, and do so by wasting money on utter crap.

What is so uncool about giving that $15,000 to a charity? Unbelievable.

5. Bubba Barney says:

Wrist watches are so last century. Why do you need to wear a watch when you have one on your CrackBerry, cell, laptop, satellite radio, automobile, etc.?

6. OkiMike says:

Alright, I’ll admit that I have a few expensive watches, the most recent (and by far the most expensive) being my dive watch (see here). But you have to admit, it’s functional and pretty schweet-looking!