UPDATE: Quiznos Nutrition Data Gleaned

As we noted earlier today, info about Quiznos nutritional values are hard to come by. Two blogs, Fast Food News and the U.S. Food Policy Blog have spilled considerable pixels on Quiznos lack of dietary info, which they could not find inside the sandwich shops or after asking via email and phone.

So, if you’re still interested in how many calories are in the Steakhouse Beef Dip Sub… the answer is 507. The Italian with dressing? 990. These answers and more can be found here at CalorieKing, as tipster Crissy lead us to.

No word yet as to how they acquired the intel, whether it involved hacking Quizno’s databases or rappelling through office window glass, or going by a more official road of inquiry than flailing wildly at customer service representatives.

Previously: Nutrition Data At Quiznos, Or Lack There Of…

Comments

1. Crissy in Honolulu says:

You’re welcome for the tip.

As I also mentioned in my e-mail, Weight Watchers must have managed to glean the seemingly top secret info from the sandwich chain, seeing as how they’ve calculated their patented points values for Quizno’s menu items this year’s edition of the Weight Watchers Dining Out Guide.

In order to calculte the points values, WW would need to have obtained at least the number of Calories, grams of fat and grams of dietary fiber from Quizno’s for each item, so we know that Quizno’s has that information for themselves. It’s a shame they won’t share it with their customers. Hey, if McDonald’s can do it and survive . . .

2. Crissy in Honolulu says:

Sorry, I meant FOR this year’s edition. The whole Quizno’s NI thing is making me all farklempt!

3. GenXCub says:

Either that or someone very astute in their observations. One thing that I notice at quizno’s is that they weigh the meat on a scale before it goes onto the sandwich. From there, at the very least, it’s easily measured. I tend to shy away from sandwiches on weight watchers due to the huge amounts of points that bread/buns come to. Wraps/salads, even though usually on low-carb menus come to decent point values as well. I put everything I find into an excel spreadsheet with the points equation.

4. adamondi says:

Or, they could simply have bought something at the restaurant and then promptly taken it to a lab, disassembled it, and tested it to determine the caloric values. Even a moderately equipped Community College science lab could accomplish this task.

5. Ben Popken says:

Brian writes:

“I went back and forth with them a few months ago via e-mails asking when they would have information on their website or in their restaurants and was given the standard crap customer service answers each time. I’m so glad to see Consumerist posting info about their lack of disclosure.

Thanks!”

6. ctzeus says:

All I want to know is what the dang calorie count for Quiznos horseradish sauce. If anyone knows please post. Thanks