The Latest in Potty Styles

The modern, compact and secure approach to learning how to potty, The Potty Bench opens for toilet training and can be closed to use as a step stool or seat.

Features:

* Removable soft deflector shield, also known as a “misguided stream guard.”
* Angled seat to catch any overspill.
* Wide base and slip-resistant surface for stability.
* Built-in toilet paper roll.
* Built-in wipe storage.
* Bench supports up to 300 lbs.

mod*mom says it’s available at Target starting April 15th.

The ingenious design almost makes it worth forgetting how to ascend the porcelain throne and starting all over again.

[via Apt Broadcast]

Comments

1. CTSLICK says:

“Bench supports up to 300 lbs.” uuuuuuhhhh, hello? Dude how big are kids these days?

2. CanuckGreg says:

“Bench supports up to 300 lbs.”

Why? How many toddlers can sit on it simultaneously? Is PottyBench Corp. targeting the vast population of size-XL adults looking to move on from diapers?

3. GenXCub says:

Is that an indictment on American diet and eating habits when a potty trainer for toddlers can support 300 pounds?

4. Paul D says:

Um. Maybe it’s the step stool (get it? stool?) functionality that warrants a 300 lb weight rating…

5. GenXCub says:

Well, that may be, but I want to know which marketing genius is targetting the demographic of people who like standing on the same implement that their kid took a dump on 5 minutes ago.

6. Fairytale of Los Angeles says:

I think the target demographic might be a bit older than the toddler set, whether or not the manufacturer realizes it. Now I must go wash my brain, thanks to CSI and the Internet. I’ll never be innocent again.

7. RandomHookup says:

I am wondering when they will come out with an adult model for public rest rooms.

8. Transuranic says:

Paul D., if I may quote the Best. Satire on Small-Town Theater Productions. Ever.:

Stools are where, once upon a time you’d find a chair / A chair’s for fools, everybody wants stools…

Stool Boom…! / From the parlor to the pool room…!
    We’re the center of a stool boom / everyone knows our name.