We May Be On NPR Tonite

Ian Chillag for NPR Marketplace’s interviewed us this week about the “Worst Company in America” poll. The bit may be broadcasting tonight at 5pm EST. We should know more by 2:30pm.

Here’s how you can find your local NPR affiliate. Or, it should also show up here.

We wanted to get all Rush Limbaugh and do a bunch of paper shuffling and table-pounding but they’re going to edit that out, because they’re feminazis.

This should be neat. We’re telling all our moms about it.

UPDATE: Ian tells us that, “unless some supercriminal blows up all the gold in fort knox or something,” the piece will air Monday. Stay tuned…

Comments

1. SamC says:

You “might” be on NPR tonight.

“Might” is a possibility. “May” involves permission.

Me fail english? Unpossible!

:p

2. mrscolex says:

Well I guess that answers the question I just asked in the other thread ;P

Speaking of which, where does consumerist find all of their ridiculous stock pictures from? What does tobey mcguire have to do with NPR or the consumerist?

My apologies for hotlinking.

3. Ben Popken says:

Exactly, it *does* involve permission.

4. mrscolex says:

darn filter killed my hotlink– it would have been funnier with picture of actual tobey mcguire:

5. Plaid Rabbit says:

Be still my heart. My usual commute home with NPR might allow me to hear the cutting wit and sarcasm of Mr. Popkin’s voice, who I hear in my head daily as I read his snark and sass filled blog entries.

I’m sure it will be a nasal and condescending as I expect; I wait with baited breath.

6. Plaid Rabbit says:

And my attempt at humor is screwed by the lack of edit button once again. That should read “Popken”.

7. airship says:

This guy sent me email to ask if he could use a comment I posted here. I don’t know if he’s going to, because I never heard back. But it did make me rethink (momentarily) my policy of simply vomiting words into the Consumerist comment boxes without thinking about the fact that someone might possibly actually read them. Do libel lawyers read this site?

8. RandomHookup says:

I miss David Brancaccio on Marketplace if for nothing else than repeating his name several times out loud.

I used to work with a distant cousin of his and constantly called him David.

9. Ben Popken says:

We would hate to think that any stage fright would impede your beloved vomiting.

10. airship says:

I sincerely hope your breath will be ‘bated’ and not ‘baited’.
    One of my favorite grammar police violations. :)

11. mrscolex says:

You guys are crazy. The same kind of people that jump on people about using irregardless as a word. (Irregardless of the fact that it’s in the dictionary)

12. AcidReign says:

…..I hope the libel/trial lore-yers don’t have time to read this stuff! Of course, they’d have to sue Gawker to get my email address. But then I’d be nailed…