“Smiling Bob” Penis Pill Scammers Nailed

Like most of you, we at the Consumerist have an entire Hotmail account devoted to unsolicited emails from Eastern European girls asking us if we want to see naked pictures of them and making frankly personal inquiries as to the size of our penis. And while we are always eager to see more anonymous hot and naked girls, we’ve learned long since that no pill on Earth is going to help us so much that we will have to tape our member to our chest when getting dressed every morning. These products just never work as advertised.

So we’re delighted to note that dietary supplement scam house Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals has been fined $2.5mm for false advertising on their “Smiling Bob” penile enhancement pills. They were nailed not only for making unsubstantiated “Human Tripod” claims about their products, but also for the old bugbear of not honoring a money-back guarantee. Additionally, they will have to make full restitution to any customers they ripped-off.

Have you been ripped off by Smiling Bob penile enhancement pills? Why not tell us about it in our comments section. Note to ladies: you too.

Link: “Smiling Bob” Not Smiling Anymore

Comments

1. airship says:

I once calculated that if all of the penis enlargement emails I received in just one week worked as advertised, my member would be over seven and a half feet long. And I’m sorry, but nobody – not even Tom Cruise – needs a penis that long.

2. Danilo says:

Man, I hate these Berkeley Neutraceuticals dirtbags. Not because of their useless products, but because of their crappy ads. They were also advertising some pill that was supposed to help you regain energy and feel more alert. Any time I saw an ad for the penis or energy pills, it was ALWAYS, ALWAYS directly followed by another ad, in the same format, for the same product, with slightly different actors or shots.

wtf? If you’re going to buy 60 seconds, make some sixty second spots. Don’t hit me with the same tedious crap twice in a minute. Just when I think your my advertising-induced misery is over, you start in again? Come on. Have some humanity.

Geico was doing this too, for awhile. It’s such an obnoxious practice.

3. factotum says:

Heh heh. Nailed.

4. Fairytale of Los Angeles says:

Danilo: one of the fat-burner pill pushers has come up with an even worse version of that. They buy a 30-second chunk of airtime, make one 10-second spot wherein voiceovers are exhorting you about the product at light speed…

…and run the 10-second spot three times in a row, with no pauses in between repetitions. Someone watched too much Max Headroom as a kid.

5. ryansfall says:

The smiling bob ads are hilarious.

6. Bubba Barney says:

Bravo, Science Channel and A&E are the worst when it comes to the double ads.

If you ever get stuck in a marathon of a show, you want to scratch your eyes out and stick a Q-tip in your ear to puncture your eardrum, from the repetitiveness.

7. Brian Gee says:

Double ads aren’t even half of the problem on some of those channels. The programs themselves are ridiculously repetitive. Each segment of the show starts with a teaser of what they’re going to talk about, then they talk about it, then they tell you what’s coming up after the commercial.

After returning from duplicate commercials the show recaps what they’ve done so far. Then they do the next segment, give your a preview of what’s coming up, then cut to commercial. They use this trick to stretch what should have been a 30-minute show to an hour, so they can fill 2 or 3 times as many channels without having to pay for that volume of original content.

8. Aoife says:

The “Smiling Bob” commercials always gave my friends a fright.

Are they off the air?

Knowing certain ad agencies, I have come to realize that even if the law fucked them dry – they would still put their commercials on.

Or throw the penis pills at us pedestrians.

Either way – they’ll still be there. Gross. Flying Penis Pills.

9. x23 says:

agreed. brian. i watched the 2 hour King Tut (i think that was it) show while on a business trip… 2 hours… and *maybe* 30-45 minutes of content. the rest was ad nauseum repetition of what you just saw or what you *will* see. i must have seen the same crap CGI reenactment like 15 times before i saw it for real.

i understand it is an ‘educational’ program… but you’d have to be a complete moron not to ‘get it’ within the first 2 times of seeing the same clip. it’s like it was made to teach dogs history.

10. scoot says:

I have received several e-mail spam ads about penis enlargement pills. I have try one of them. I have added three extra inch on my penis since two months ago, and it is because maleinch.