Victoria’s Secret to Customers: “Your Breasts Are Too Large To Shop Here”

This just in. Victoria’s Secret is launching a systematic attack of intimidation, isolation and humiliation… on women with enormous cans.

“I went into Victoria’s Secret to purchase a bra set and was told they didn’t sell in my size and to go to a Lane Bryant Store. Or I could buy a catalog for $5.00 to purchase my size,” Babette, of Dewitt, Iowa, told ConsumerAffairs.com.

“I know I was discriminated against my size due to the fact that was told to go elsewhere to make my purchase.”

That last sentence can take awhile to parse, so I’ll translate for you: Victoria’s Secret is redirecting its largest breasted patrons to the Lane Bryant store in Iowa, forthwith known by all men by its classical name, “Xanadu”.

To be fair, there does appear to have been a remarkable surge in nastiness amongst Victoria’s Secret employees lately. But who can supress a titter when reading a quote like this?

“Because of the winter rain, I wore a heavy black wool coat with pockets and was holding my gloves and car keys in my hand. While I rummaged through the sale bins, my gloves fell on the floor, so I put them and my keys into my pocket for safekeeping. All of a sudden, four or five snotty teenagers dressed in black come out from the woodwork asking if I need help,” Anne told ConsumerAffairs.com.

Snotty teenage boys hanging out in a lingerie store, asking stray women if they need any “help”. Otherwise known as the Beavis and Butt-head pick-up method.

Comments

1. Jillsy says:

That’s really funny – I’ve always claimed VS discriminated against the small-chested, because their A and B cup bras fit so poorly.

2. christy says:

They discriminate against anyone with boobs because the bras are so crappy and expensive.

3. ValkRaider says:

Up next, Chevy owner discriminated against because Ford dealership does not stock Chevy parts…

4. etinterrapax says:

I’ve had it with their snotty salespeople since a bad experience of this sort in 1993, for heaven’s sake. I believe the actual remark was “We don’t sell bras for people like you.” Anyone with anything bigger than mosquito bites knows that Lane Bryant’s are even worse, because they come in large sizes with fully elasticized straps. Unless you plan to sit completely still while wearing the things (and even that’s no guarantee), they are nothing more than a Lycra-blend tattoo.

5. Johnny says:

I don’t quite understand why the second story is “titter”-worthy. They thought she was stealing. So…?

6. dukerayburn says:

Johnny, I had the exact same thought. I think snotty teenagers was probably in reference to the employees in the store, whose uniform rules require them to wear black. But maybe it was a pick-up at the same time. Seems unprofessional to me.

7. audsie says:

I think Victoria’s secret is pretty standard. All of their clothes come in an extra small to large (and I’m an extra large and can’t wear any of it). In addition their bras range from a standard 32A to a 40DD. If you fall outside of that catagory then you need to specially order your bras, end of story. Also, it might be wise when getting implants not to go for “cannon ball” size… considering if you can afford to get implants so your boobs are SO huge you can’t get a standard bra, you should have the money to buy special bras.

• zegota says:

@audsie: That’s somewhat offensive. I don’t know if you meant it that way, but your comment makes it sound like if you’re larger than 40DD, which isn’t really a ridiculous size, especially for bigger women, then “you should have the money to buy special bras.”